Last update on: July 2nd, 2018
This privacy statement provides an overview of the collection, use and other types of processing of personal data by Adler Group S.A. and its affiliated companies (hereinafter jointly referred to as "Adler Goup", "we" or "us"). Please read this statement carefully so that you understand how we treat your personal data.
Please click on the links below to access the individual sections of this privacy statement:
- Collection and handling of personal data
- Disclosure of personal data
- Legal basis for data processing
- Your rights
- Integration of third-party services and content
- Information security, integrity and retention periods
- Google Analytics
- Data transmissions to third countries
- Changes to this privacy statement
- Contact us
Collection and handling of personal data
Personal data are information that can be used to identify an individual, i.e. the information that can linked to a particular person. Personal data includes information such as your name, email address or telephone number as well as payment data or data about preferences, hobbies or memberships.
We only collect, use or process personal data if this is permitted by law or if you have given your consent.
In the following, we give you an overview of the categories of personal data that we collect and what we do with the data:
What kind of personal data do we collect?
Within the scope of our cooperation with third-party providers, we may receive personal data about you from third-party providers such as, credit agencies, service providers, builders or business partners.
In the event of an acquisition of a company, we may collect personal data about you that is stored by the selling company.
- Information that you provide to us:
- Forms that you fill out on our website or which you complete as a printout and submit to us;
- The contents of telephone, e-mail or other correspondence with us;
- Information in connection with registrations or newsletter subscriptions via our website;
- Reporting a problem or submitting support requests for our website;
- Lease application documents and information such as proof of income, rental debt exemption certificate, creditworthiness self-disclosure form or information on the previous landlord;
- CV, job references or other job application documents.
- Information collected from other sources:
How do we use your personal data?
We use your personal data in various ways, in particular:
- to respond to your requests;
- to select prospective tenants;
- to establish, execute or terminate leases;
- to enforce or defend legal claims;
- if you have given us your consent, to provide you with information about our company or interesting offers by e-mail;
- to protect the rights, the property and the safety of Adler Goup, our tenants, customers, employees, business partners and other third parties;
- to carry out job application processes, select suitable job applicants and establish, carry out or terminate employment relationships;
- to meet legal or regulatory requirements.
Disclosure of personal data
Affiliated companies and corporate transactions
We may share your personal data with our affiliated companies from the Adler Goup group in order to fulfil the above-mentioned purposes. In the event of a restructuring, merger, acquisition, transfer, assignment, disposal or sale of our company or parts or assets of our company, we may also transfer your personal data to the prospective buyer or seller and other third parties to the extent permitted by law.
Service providers and other third parties
We transfer your personal data to third parties who provide services for us or to who we are legally obliged to disclosure information, e.g.:
- Cloud service providers, e-mail and website service providers and other IT service providers, e.g. hosting companies;
- builders, meter-reading companies and other business partners that we use to provide services to you;
- Tax consultants, auditors, debt collectors and lawyers;
- Call center service providers;
- Public authorities with statutory information rights;
- to the extent otherwise permitted or required by law.
What are cookies?
Cookies are text files that contain small amounts of information and are stored on your computer or mobile device when you visit a website. During subsequent visits to websites, cookies are sent back to the original website or another website that recognizes the respective cookie. Cookies are mainly used to ensure the proper or efficient functioning of the website and to provide the operator of the website with information.
Cookies provide a number of functions. For example, they allow you to move better among different pages, save your settings and generally improve your user experience. Cookies tell us, for example, whether you have visited our website before or whether you are a new visitor.
What types of cookies do we use?
The type of cookies that we use in connection with our website can be divided into three categories: "cookies that are required for basic Adler Goup purposes”, "functional cookies" and “analyse cookies”. Below, we have prepared an overview with further information for each category which also contains information on the purpose of each cookie placed by us or a third party.
|Type of cookie||What the cookie does|
|Cookies required for basic Adler Goup purposes||These cookies are required to provide you with the website and services available through the website and to enable you to use various website features (such as access to secure areas). Without these cookies we would not be able to provide you with services requested by you, e.g. secure login accounts.|
|Functional cookies||Function cookies record settings you have made on the website and allow us to tailor the website for you. This means that if you remain on or return to the website, we can offer you our services exactly as you wish. Function cookies allow us, for example, to: |
We use analyse cookies to analyse how our website is accessed, used, or performing in order to provide you with a better user experience and to maintain, operate and continually improve our website. For example, these cookies allow us:
How to delete or control cookies
You have the right to accept or reject the storage of cookies on your device. You can exercise this right at any time by changing the settings in your browser according to your wishes. However, after disabling cookies, you may not be able to use all interactive features of the website and online courses as well as their content.
Most browsers provide instructions for adjusting cookie settings. The cookie settings can usually be found under the "Settings" menu item of your browser.
Legal basis for data processing
Our processing of your personal data is based on the following:
- If you have given us your consent to process your personal data, we will process your data on basis of your consent in accordance with Article 6 para. 1 lit. a) of the General Data Protection Regulation.
- In addition, the processing of your personal data may be necessary
- for the performance of a contract with you or for the implementation of pre-contractual measures (Article 6 para. 1 lit. b) of the General Data Protection Regulation);
- to fulfil legal obligations to which we are subject (Article 6 para. 1 lit. c) of the General Data Protection Regulation); or
- for the protection of our legitimate interests or the legitimate interests of a third party, unless your interests or fundamental rights and freedoms prevail (Article 6 para. 1 lit. f) General Data Protection Regulation).
We take reasonable steps to ensure that your personal data is always accurate, complete and up-to-date. You are responsible for updating your information. You can do so by contacting us as described in the "Contact" section below.
You are also entitled to object to the processing of your personal data or request its limitation. In addition, you can request information about your personal data as well as the correction, deletion and transferability of your data. To do so, please contact us as described in the "Contact" section below. In this case, we may require that you provide us with certified identity documents.
In individual cases we may be entitled to reject your request for information or deletion of your personal data in whole or in part.
You have the right to file a complaint with a supervisory authority if you think that our processing of your personal data violates applicable data protection regulations.
If you have subscribed to our newsletter, you can unsubscribe at any time by following the instructions in the newsletter to unsubscribe or by contacting us as described in the "Contact" section below.
Integration of third-party services and content
It may happen that third party content, such as videos from YouTube, maps from Google Maps, RSS feeds or graphics from other websites, are integrated in our website. This requires that the provider of the relevant content (hereinafter referred to as "third party providers") collects your IP address because without the IP address, they would not be able to send their content to the browser of the respective user.We make every effort to use only contents of third party providers who use the IP address merely for the delivery of the contents. However, we have no influence on whether a third-party provider stores the IP address, e.g. for statistical purposes. Should we be become aware of this, we will inform you accordingly.
Our website and newsletters may contain links to and from third-party websites. If you follow a link to one of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we assume no responsibility or liability for these privacy policies or the compliance of such third parties with data protection regulations, unless required by law.
The information generated by the cookie about your use of this website is usually transmitted to a Google server in the USA and stored there. The transfer of personal data to the USA is made on basis of EU standard data protection clauses. I If IP anonymization is activated on this website, your IP address will be shortened by Google beforehand within member states of the European Union or other parties to the Agreement on the European Economic Area. Only in exceptional cases will the full IP address be sent to a Google server in the US and shortened there.
On behalf of the operator of this website, Google will use this information to evaluate your use of the website, to compile reports on website activity and to provide other services related to website activity and internet usage to the website operator.
We would like to point out that on this website Google Analytics has been enhanced to include IP anonymisation in order to ensure anonymous collection of IP addresses (so-called IP masking).
The IP address provided by Google Analytics as part of Google Analytics will not be merged with other Google data. Personal data will automatically be deleted after a period of 26 months.
You can prevent the storage of cookies by a corresponding setting of your browser software; however, please note that if you do this, you may not be able to use all the features of this website to the fullest extent possible. In addition, you may prevent the collection by Google of the data generated by the cookie and related to your use of the website (including your IP address) and the processing of this data by Google by downloading and installing the browser plug-in available under the following link: http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
Information security, integrity retention periods
We use appropriate technical, administrative and physical security measures to protect your personal data.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the Internet is not completely safe. Therefore, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our website. Any transmission is at your own risk.
We store your personal data as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes described in this privacy statement. The legislator has enacted various retention periods and retention requirements. Therefore, in individual cases a longer or shorter storage period may be required by law. After expiry of these periods, the corresponding data is routinely deleted.
Data transmissions to third countries
If we share your personal data in accordance with this Privacy Statement, this may include the transfer of your personal data to countries outside the European Economic Area (EEA). When we transfer your personal data to countries outside the EEA, we will always ensure that an adequate level of protection is guaranteed by making sure - where required by law - that at least one of the following appropriate guarantees have been implemented:
- Transfer of personal data to countries which, according to the European Commission, offer an adequate level of protection to personal data (so-called "adequacy decision");
- Use of specific contracts, approved by the European Commission, which ensure the same protection to personal data as granted in the EEA; or
- Transfer of personal data to an establishment which has approved internal binding corporate rules that are in line with the level of data protection granted by the EU.
You may be legally entitled to request a copy of the relevant guarantees. Please contact us as described in the section "Contact".
Changes to this privacy statement
We are entitled to change or edit this privacy statement at any time. All significant changes will be posted on this website before the changes take effect. Please check regularly for updates or changes to our privacy statement.
If you have any questions, comments or inquiries regarding this privacy statement, please contact our data protection officer:
intersoft consulting services AG
Schöneberger Ufer 47
The following contact details only apply to matters relating to data protection.
For tenant matters, please contact email@example.com.